Monday, July 1, 2013

The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate

The One and Only Ivan 
by Katherine Applegate
Reviewed by Shannon S.
5 (Amazing)

Ivan is an ape at a mall zoo, he has some friends but none of them are apes. His bestfriend Stella the elephant dies so he promises her he will take care of Ruby the baby elephant.

I could not believe it when I read that protesters were trying to shut down the mall. An unforgettable moment in the book is when Stella the elephant dies. Something incredible that happens is when Julia the little girl finally figures out what Ivan is drawing and then they get to go to a real zoo. I loved this book so much that I never wanted to put it down. I cant think of anything that disliked about this book.

I would recommend this book to everyone, mostly people who like fiction and sort of fantasy. Someone else should read this book because you never want to put it down once you start reading and it has a great plot.