Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Peak by Roland Smith


Peak
by Roland Smith
Reviewed by Emily L.

Rating: 3 (Like it)

This book is about a 14 year old boy, going on 15, that has been climbing skyscrapers, and he just got caught. For now, Peak Marcello is on probation in JDC, Juvenile Detention Center, though his father has some interesting plans for Peak, like climbing Mt. Everest.

This was actually my second time reading this book. My first time was when my fourth grade teacher read it aloud to us, and even then I liked it. So when I saw it in the Young Adult section, I decided to read it again, and that was definitely a good choice. It is still not my favorite kind of book, but it did include survival in it, the quality I liked the best.

I would absolutely recommend that my 4th grade class,even if they didn't like it before, to give it another chance. They might even like the survival quality in it, just like I did.