Monday, July 8, 2013

NERDS: M is for Mama's Boy by Michael Buckley

NERDS: M is for Mama's Boy
 by Michael Buckley
Reviewed by Molleigh R.
Rated 4 (Loved it)


This book is about a group of 5th grade geeks who have superpowers, like braces that can turn into gadgets and allergies that detect good and bad news. They're up against a former teammate who wants to hypnotize all the world's machines.

I liked this book because it has great pictures and a gripping storyboard. Even the " Meet the author" page was interesting! I loved the part when Duncan's house goes wild and in the same chapter, there is a great chase scene. I hated the part when the whole team loses their powers due to a ray gun. I also like the part when in chapter 18, the fight scene. My favorite character is Simon a.k.a. the bad guy who can hypnotize anyone who looks at his buckteeth. It is like the book THE SECRET SCIENCE ALLIANCE AND THE COPYCAT CROOK that I read. I liked all the characters. 

I think that 4th graders and up should read this book. It is really cool and has great pictures. Enjoy!