Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Ugly Truth by Jeff Kinney

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Ugly Truth
by Jeff Kinney
Reviewed by Molleigh R.

Rating: 4 (Loved it)

This book is about a boy named Greg who faces many changes going into the 8th grade. He really wants to grow up, and his father is not being easy on him, and things start to get funny after that!

I liked this book because it's funny, and it's something that my little sister and I both like. My favorite part is when Manny, Greg's little brother, stirs a pitcher of iced tea with his bare hands. I also liked the part when Rodrick, Greg's older brother, leaves the plastic wrap on the meatloaf and it comes out shiny. My favorite quote is "Why is this meat shiny?" I also like the part when Greg sleeps in the bathtub at his great-grandmother's house and when all the maids on the street have a soap- opera viewing party. There are so many funny parts to this book I'd have to write 16 reviews to list them all!!

I have read almost the entire DIARY OF A WIMPY KID series with my little sister, Cordelia. I recommend this book for ages 8+ because smaller kids many not understand some of the humor. There is also some "potty" humor inappropriate for kids under age 8. Keep on reading!!