Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Wherever Nina Lies by Lynn Weingarten
Reviewed by: Fionnuala M.

Rating: 4 (Loved it)

Ellie's sister Nina disappeared 2 years ago, and she has just about given up on finding her when she finds a picture Nina drew with a phone number on it. Using the phone number, she hacks her sister's credid card and sets out on a cross-country trip with the hot guy she just ment who just might have a huge secret just waiting to be found out.

I really loved this book because of the twist. I thought I knew for certain what was going to happen, but what actually did blew me away. And I loved Brad. I feel that a second version should be written from his perspective. He's hilarious.

However, the ending sort of confused me. I wish it had been a little more straightforward. But the ending did have some of the characters saying they were confused. So perhaps I was having an extreme moment of empathy.

Iwas really Impressed with the writer's writing style. She makes you feel like you are there, but not actually there. Just... watching.