Thursday, August 29, 2013

Moon Over Manifest by Clare Vanderpool


Moon Over Manifest by Clare Vanderpool
Reviewed by: Emily L.

Rating: 5 (Amazing)

A girl named Abilene is sent away by her father to help an old friend in Manifest, Kansas. It takes place in the beginning of the 20th century, right around the Great Depression. Abilene soon finds out that in Manifest, the town with a bright future, everything isn't as it seems. She soon sets out with her 2 new friends to uncover a mystery that was left unsolved long ago.

I liked how the book could have actually taken place in the past. I also liked how it was one of those books in which adventure gradually built up to the climax of the story, so basically you had to be kind of patient with the story.

I would recommend this book to my friend Catie, because she, like me likes books as complicated as this one was.