Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Cracker! by Cynthia Kadohata

Cracker! by Cynthia Kadohata
Reviewed by Katelyn S

rating 5/5 (amazing)

This amazing book is about a Germen Shepard dog named Cracker. She is trained for the Vietnam war to sniff out dangerous enemies and their traps.

I liked how it shows people that if you work together, even the hardest people (or animals) can be the worlds best friends. The only thing that I absolutely despised with the book was a guy named Rick said damn a lot. (I hate that word). This book is unique because Cracker and Rick have a friendship that will last forever. What stands out in this book is when you are reading about people dying, it doesn't bother you because you get into the book and something inside of you knows that Cracker is somewhere saving lives. In the book Rick says a quote that always makes me smile like he was my own brother, "I'm going to whip the world." I have read a ton of other books but my favorite is Cracker.

I would recommend this book to others to read. I would recommend this book to every person I know. This is one of the greatest books in the whole entire universe.